Thursday 3 May 2012

My writing around the web

One of the reasons that this blog has been a bit sparse recently is that I’ve been busy writing for other places. Whilst some of that has been for my Masters, some of it has been for fun.

Here’s me in other places:
Interviewing The Skints, for Louder Than War 

©2011 Ester Segarra. www.e-segarra.com

“LTW: Has the list of instruments used to make your music increased much on this album?
Jamie from The Skints: Yes, we have a Glockenspiel now and it’s not going anywhere… hehe. Oh, and Marcia farted through a Gramophone. These are facts…”

Album of the Day: Shock Troops by Cock Sparrer, for Louder Than War

cock-sparrer-shock-troops

“And if you haven’t been sandwiched between two seven foot German skinheads, all of you singing Take Em All in unison, then you really haven’t lived. And you’ll be singing it for days. At the bus stop. At work. Down the pub. Because that’s what these songs do. They get under your skin, and you don’t realise it until the checkout girl looks at you funny when you tell her that “I caa-an, see through yoo-uu”. No one else? Just me then.”

Pride and Tradition – Harrington Saints, new album intro for AMP Magazine

Adobe Photoshop PDF

“Forming in 2005 after being friends for over 20 years, the band wear their influences on the sleeves of their polos, and fans of The Clash, Cock Sparrer or good streetpunk won’t be disappointed.”

And all three of these articles begin with the same structure. Doing this has shown me that I need to mix it up a bit!!

More of these are in the works and as they get published I’ll try and remember to post the links up on here. I’ve almost finished all of my papers for my MA so I’ll have more time for fun writing in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy people! Remember if it’s not fun there’s no point doing it! Oi oi!

No comments:

Post a Comment