Monday 22 September 2014

No More Avoidance Tactics


Enough is enough. I haven't written anything in over six months and even though I seriously miss it, all I've been doing is coming up with excuses not to sit down and make myself do it.

For a while I was telling myself it was because my life was mainly a lot of things I didn't want to share with the world. There were hatches, matches and dispatches, celebrated and mourned in private with family and close friends. So there is a certain amount of truth to this, but I know those we're missing would hate the thought they were an excuse for not doing something.

But I do miss it. I miss the process of trying to arrange my thoughts and ideas in a way that make sense and make people laugh. I miss being horrified with how a sentence came out and binning the whole thing, starting again trying to craft a story that truly reflected my experience.

Mostly I miss the accountability, people responding to my writing and telling me their thoughts. I miss engaging with people about the things I care most about. And I miss people telling me they enjoyed reading my blog.

So it's back. Even more radical and with very few holds barred. First up, Sparrer and Riot Fest. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment